Progress

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Saturday, March 13, 2010

Transformation

I know I'm only at the beginning of the journey to love my body. However, each day I get a little bit closer to reaching that goal. Yesterday, I decided to make some other changes as well that would contribute to my goal.

Since I've gained weight, I haven't really cared what I look like. Every day I wear one of my tired old t-shirts and a pair of jeans. The most that ever gets done with my hair is a blow dry after a shower and I've stopped wearing makeup. Without being in shape I guess I feel like there is no reason I should care about what I look like and it seems like I've just become lazy.

I took a step towards changing that yesterday. One of my best friends, Jen, is a hairdresser and she has been dying to get her hands on my hair. I'm guessing that's because it's painful to see how much I've let myself go. Besides, I end up with pictures with her! Anyways, she brought me into the salon and told me to just let her work her magic. I came out with beautiful hair - I have blonde, red and brown highlights and the combination is phenomenal. She really does have a talent.

After hair, we decided to go shopping for some clothes. I have recently come to a point where I'm tired of looking like a man. When I was at Wal-Mart the other day some woman (the opposite of a stylish woman) complimented me on a shirt I stole from my husband and that's when I knew it was time to make another change. I did some research on my body shape and took the What Not to Wear approach. I found out I have a pear shaped body and I've been dressing all wrong. I followed the rules for my shape.

Jen and I have a similar body shape. I just tend to be heavier in the legs. We had fun picking out clothes for our pear shaped body. It's amazing - after doing some research I found clothes that were flattering to my body. With my new hair and new clothes I feel like a million dollars!

I'm honestly just tired of waiting till I lose weight to start loving my body. I want to start right now. I used to never want to buy clothes for my current size because I always wanted to wait until I slimmed down. No more! I'm going to start looking good at every step of the journey. Why? Because I'm worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment