Progress

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Pushing Forward

I hit a milestone today. I have officially lost 10lbs. Losing those 10lbs means so much more than just dropping the weight. I gained those 10lbs after I had a miscarriage in January. It was an incredibly difficult time for me and I definitely ate some of my emotions. These last few weeks of getting back on track has been so incredibly healing. I feel like losing the 10lbs has helped me emotionally and it's getting me back to a better frame of mind. I feel so much more hopeful than I was a month ago. I feel like I'm able to go on.

It's amazing to find your inner strength. These last two weeks mean more to me than just getting healthy or losing weight - it is showing me what I'm capable of. I've worked out harder than I have ever before. I'm learning how to eat right and feel emotions instead of eating them.

Today I got a cramp about 12 minutes into the cardio portion of my workout and I pushed it out to make sure that I got my full 30 minutes in. I increased my weights and the incline on my warm up. I made these choices because I want to change and I'm tired of making excuses. I am strong enough to do this.

We all have obstacles in our lives. How we choose to deal with them defines us as a person. When I look back on my life I want to know that I lived life to the fullest. That I worked hard for the things that were important to me. That I experienced the full range of emotions - both good and bad. That I am capable of achieving anything I set my mind to. I want to live a life without regret. So I will push forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment