Progress

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Stronger

Today I resumed going to the gym after taking a day off to rest yesterday. It's amazing how focused and motivated I am. I feel so much more positive and that in itself is something new.

This last week I have been tested in so many different ways. I have had birthday parties, emotional stress, depression, tears and events. However, I stayed the course. I read a blog on this site that said to just feel the emotion, not eat the emotion - and I feel like that is kind of what I did. I'm normally an emotional eater and for the first time in a long time I feel like I can conquer that.

While I was working out, I heard a song by Britney Spears (yes, I know it's embarrassing, but her music is catchy - I understand if you don't want to admit it). The song was "Stronger" and I'm going to write down a few of the lyrics that applied to me and probably applies to others that are making this lifestyle change. So here it goes:

Stronger than yesterday
Now it's nothing but my way
I am stronger
Than I ever thought that I could be, baby
I used to go with the flow
Didn't really care 'bout me

Admittedly, the song is about leaving a guy or at least that's what I think it's about, but those words I wrote above spoke to me. I am stronger than I was yesterday. I am stronger than I was last week. I am 100 percent stronger than I was last month. I didn't really care about myself and it's evident in the way I treated my body. So, I am going to take my strength and do something about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment