Progress

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Thursday, April 1, 2010

Fairy Barrier

I don't believe in fairy weight barriers. Why should it be any harder to to lose weight if it is divisible by 5? I had no problem losing 204, 203, 202, 201 and now at 200 - I'm stuck. I even got to 200 twice when I had a four day set back and went back to 205. It's a mental thing.

My husband seems to think that it's like the stock market when you buy and sell at certain numbers. Sometimes it goes fast once you break through the barrier. I disagree. I don't want to believe that 200, 195, 190, 185, 180, 175 is going to be any harder to break than 199, 194, 189, 184, 179, 174.

I think when we are stuck at a number it's easier to lose focus. I have been mixing up my calories, working out harder and I'm more in shape. Now is not the time to get discouraged and give up. A life long change means so much more than just getting to the right number. It means giving up old vices, sticking to a new way of eating food and loving your body as it is every step of the way.

I'll be honest. I struggle with loving my body. I look in the mirror and I see so many things I want to change. However, I forget what my body is capable of. I have feet that can carry me to places I want to go. I have a butt that is cushy to sit on. I have hands that are allowing me to type this blog. I have arms that can carry things. That is just the tip of the iceberg. My body is amazing and so is my mind and my determination.

So, screw you barrier. You will not get me down. I, in fact, will break YOU down. Why? Because I don't believe you. I believe in me and what I am capable of.

No comments:

Post a Comment