Progress

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Back to Reality


I am back from fabulous vacation in Key West, Florida. I had an amazing time and partied like I was on spring break. My husband and I successfully navigated the Duval Crawl hitting one bar after another for 3 days. I've had so many fruity drinks and cocktails I wouldn't even know where to begin with the logging.

I also enjoyed some interesting foods. Some healthy and some not so much. I enjoyed an chicken island wrap with chicken, tomato, avocado, pepper jack cheese, spinach wrap with mango chutney salsa. I also enjoyed lemon ricotta pancakes with strawberries and wheat berries, lobster shrimp Alfredo, Josephine crepes with banana almond and butter rum sauce. I lived it up both food and drinking wise.

I don't feel guilty. Vacations are a time to indulge and have a good time. However, my vacation is over and I'm back to the reality of eating healthy and exercising. I took yesterday off from exercising to recover from my vacation, but I leaped at the opportunity to go to the gym today. I even increased the intensity on my cross trainer.

Yes, I gained some weight. Yesterday I was six pounds heavier and today I seemed to have lost 3 of those pounds just by getting back to eating right and drinking lots of water. I have no doubt that most of the weight I gained is simply water retention. I'm not worried about it though. This is a lifestyle change so I just go right back to working hard and living the kind of life I want.

With every journey their is success and challenges. Sometimes a success is how you navigate the challenges. Even if you struggle and take a few steps back it doesn't mean that you can't push forward and continue on the chosen course.

I've stuck to this way of life for 8 weeks now. I've had ups and downs - mostly ups. I can't wait to see where this journey is going to take me. One thing I know for sure is that I'm 8 weeks closer to loving my body.

No comments:

Post a Comment