Progress

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Friday, May 7, 2010

Over the Hump

I am a little more than half way through with my weight loss. It took me a little more than 9 weeks to lose 19lbs, but I'm feeling great. I'm more physically fit than I think I have ever been in my life. I have always wanted to be an active person, but I never wanted to put in the work to get there. I think my habits are finally starting to change.

During my workout classes today I spent a little time checking myself out in the mirrors. I am no where as thin as the other girls in the class, but I didn't let that get me down. My body has made quite a few changes the majority of which are in my upper body. My neck is slim and my chest is thin (aside from my boobs which are still too big!). My waist is small, but my hips, thighs and bum are still pretty big. I'm hoping that they will start to slim down as I lose the rest of my weight.

One thing I did notice about my observations is that I'm starting to like the way I look. I still don't love my body and I'm still self conscious of how I look, but my perception is starting to evolve. I was actually able to appreciate some of my changes. I like the way my size 14 shorts don't cling to my thighs. I like the way that my muffin top is slowly disappearing. I'm not as uncomfortable in regular clothes any more.

This is only the beginning of my success and my journey. I've committed 9 weeks so far to changing my body, and I'm willing to commit whatever else is necessary to get to my goal. I have conquered so many battles such as recovering after a binge, getting back on track after a vacation, increasing my workouts and I'm even learning how to avoid binging in healthy ways. Emotional stresses don't send me running to the cupboards like they used to. I'm really starting to change. My life is going to be so different, but I'm going to love every minute of it. Besides, now that I'm over the hump - it's all downhill from here.

No comments:

Post a Comment